Traditional felt flat roofing Weybridge
Laying and installing traditional felt flat roofing at a Weybridge property is a very skilled job, so it’s important you choose an accomplished and reputable local contractor to carry out the work.
There are some particular challenges to laying a roof of traditional felt flat roofing for a Weybridge home, which include the following:
- creating ‘verge drips’ in areas which don’t have any draining or guttering for rainwater to run off into
- ensuring traditional felt flat roofing is laid properly and to create a watertight finish at points where the flat roof is adjacent to guttering
- making sure places where traditional felt flat roofing meets with a vertical wall are finished properly and covered with flashing
- ensuring the roof timbers are dry before felting starts
- using the right kind of underlay for your traditional felt flat roofing.
Choose a skilled Weybridge roofer
All these challenges mean you need a reputable, skilled and experienced Weybridge traditional felt flat roofing contractor. Without their expertise, your flat roof could become prone to leakage and damage much sooner than if the roof was properly laid. However, when laid properly, a traditional felt flat roof can provide many years of useful service to help keep your Weybridge home watertight.
Want to know more?
If you’re interested in having a traditional felt flat roof installed, you’ll no doubt have many questions for your roofer. When you contact a roofer to get a quote, be sure to ask all the questions you have and to check they’re experienced and skilled in laying roofing.