Traditional felt flat roofing Esher
Traditional felt flat roofing unfortunately does carry a bad reputation for being prone to leakage and damage. While this reputation is often deserved, it does largely come from old techniques and systems. Now there are newer techniques that mean a traditional felt flat roof in Esher can be very reliable and durable through the years.
These are some of the key features of traditional felt flat roofing:
- How long it lasts: most Esher traditional felt flat roofing specialists will give a guarantee of 10 years on their work. However, a well installed traditional felt flat roof can last twice as long if looked after and well treated.
- Its resistance to damage: unfortunately traditional felt flat roofing can be prone to damage, especially if it’s used by a window cleaner or other people on foot.
- Cost: traditional felt flat roofing in Esher is generally a cheaper option than alternatives like GRP fibreglass or EPDM rubber roofing
- Ease of repair: traditional felt flat roofing is very easy to repair and maintain. The slight drawback is that the patched repairs can look a little messy.
- Ease of installation: don’t be tempted to install it yourself. Always call a professional Esher traditional felt flat roofing specialist.
- Weather-resistance: historically, traditional felt flat roofing has been prone to melting in the summer and cracking in the winter. This is less of a problem with modern products, which have good expansion and contraction properties.
Want to know more?
If you’re interested in having a traditional felt flat roof installed, you’ll no doubt have many questions for your roofer. When you contact a roofer to get a quote, be sure to ask all the questions you have and to check they’re experienced and skilled in laying roofing.