Esher Loft Conversion
If you’re planning a loft conversion in your Esher home, it’s important to check whether you are likely to need planning permission.
Fortunately, the vast majority of Esher loft conversions don’t require planning permission, although you will need to check carefully if any of the following apply to your home:
- you live in a listed building
- your home is in a designated conservation area
- your home is in a National Park or Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- the extra roof space in your Esher loft conversion is less than 40 cubic metres if you have a terraced house, or less than 50 cubic metres for a semi or detached house
- you want to use materials that are very different to the rest of the materials used to build your house
- your Esher loft conversion will be higher than the existing highest part of your house or any dormers will go out beyond the roofline
- you want to include a balcony or veranda in your Esher loft conversion
- there are bats using your loft space to nest in.
If any of these factors apply to your planned Esher loft conversion, then you will probably need to get planning permission. A good and reputable Esher loft conversion company will be able to advise you on whether planning permission is a requirement for you, and should be able to guide you through the process of applying for it. This can take some time, so be sure to factor this in to your plans for your Esher loft conversion.
Want to find out more?
Please contact us for further information on commercial roofing projects.
Heritage Roofing & Renovation Ltd
The Court Yard
30 Worthing road
Horsham, West Sussex
Phone No: 01403 886141
London: 020 8485 7865
Mobile: 07502 541025
Sure-Weld TPO membrane is the industry's premier heat-weldable thermoplastic roofing material.
RubberBond FleeceBack is the first choice for home & property owners, roofing contractors, architects and developers across the globe.
The leading GRP system of choice for experienced contractors. CrysticROOF is an "insitu" cold applied Glass Reinforced Polyester roofing system.