EPDM rubber roofing Leatherhead
When it comes to replacing the flat roof of your Leatherhead home, one of the options you may be considering is EPDM rubber roofing. This is fairly new to the market but is fast growing in popularity among home owners in the Leatherhead area.
Advantages of EPDM rubber roofing
- it can have a lifespan of 30 years or more – even as many as 50 years, if properly installed
- it withstands foot traffic well
- it can be repaired easily
- it has excellent expansion and contraction properties, meaning EPDM rubber roofing on your Leatherhead home won’t be damaged by extremes in weather.
Disadvantages of EPDM rubber roofing
Unfortunately, EPDM rubber roofing does have some downsides, including the following:
- it must be properly installed in order to deliver the full benefits – never have one laid by anyone but an expert Leatherhead EPDM rubber roofing contractor
- repairs on it can spoil the neat and tidy finish
- there isn’t a range of colour choices available
- it isn’t breathable in the same way that a traditional felt flat roof is – so EPDM rubber roofing may not be the best option for you if condensation is a problem in your home.
In order to decide whether EPDM rubber roofing is the best option for your home, call an expert Leatherhead EPDM rubber roofing contractor. They’ll be able to explain the different options and advise you on whether it’s right for you.
Want to know more?
If you’re interested in having a EPDM rubber roofing installed, you’ll no doubt have many questions for your roofer. When you contact a roofer to get a quote, be sure to ask all the questions you have and to check they’re experienced and skilled in laying EPDM rubber roofing.
Approved contractors for