EPDM rubber roofing Horsham
EPDM rubber roofing is becoming a very popular flat roof option for home owners across the Cobham area. One of the reasons behind this growth in use is that EPDM rubber roofing is very quick and straightforward to lay, provided it’s installed by a suitably skilled and experienced Cobham roofing contractor.
This is the process a good professional Cobham EPDM rubber roofing specialist will use to install your new roof:
- Check the existing roof decking and decide whether it needs to be replaced before the EPDM rubber roofing can be installed.
- Replace the roof decking timbers, if appropriate.
- Ensure the decking is clear of dust and dirt, then place the EPDM rubber membrane onto the roof
- Give the membrane ‘relaxing time’, which will prevent any wrinkles from occurring.
- Final trimming of the EPDM rubber roofing membrane.
- Glue down the EPDM rubber.
- Add any required details such as corners, trims, flashings, outlets, pipes through the roof and anything else required for the EPDM rubber roofing to be complete.
As you can see, this is a reasonably quick process and doesn’t require a large amount of time to complete. One of the great advantages of this is that your roof won’t be open to the elements for large amounts of time while your Cobham EPDM rubber roofing contractor carries out the work.
Want to know more?
If you’re interested in having a EPDM rubber roofing installed, you’ll no doubt have many questions for your roofer. When you contact a roofer to get a quote, be sure to ask all the questions you have and to check they’re experienced and skilled in laying EPDM rubber roofing.
Approved contractors FOR