If you’re looking to move house within the Cobham area, you may find the recent restrictions on mortgage lending could scupper your plans. More and more people are finding it difficult to get the mortgage they need or want.
However, this doesn’t mean an end to your dream of having more space – you could consider renovations of your Cobham property as a way to make your existing home fit your new requirements.
Types of renovations
Cobham renovations can cover all kinds of changes and improvements to your property. These are just some of the options that might be available to you:
- Changing the layout of your property, for example by knocking down walls to create larger rooms
- Building an extension to give you more living space
- Converting your cellar, loft or other un-used space into living space
- Adding a conservatory
- Putting in a new kitchen or bathroom
- Updating the décor and fittings throughout.
Benefits of Cobham renovations
Choosing to renovate rather than move can bring many additional benefits, including the following:
- You don’t need to uproot your family
- You’ll save thousands of pounds of moving costs
- You’ll potentially add thousands of pounds of value to your home
- You may fall in love with your home all over again.
With so many potential benefits to Cobham renovations, it’s not difficult to see why so many home owners are choosing to improve their home, rather than move to a new one.